SILENT KEY ALERT - LEON REDISKE
It is with heavy heart that I write to inform you of yet another silent key, K9GCF, Leon Rediske. After a long and difficult battle with cancer he peacefully passed away at 8:08 AM May 6th 2014, while residing at the Cape Coral Hospice House. Many were unable to see him in his latter days, at his request, because it became impossible for him to communicate and caused him great frustration. But please know that Jane kept him updated on all the news and messages from the club and our members. Jane has also told me that she is planning a memorial service in the near future. The date, time, and location will be passed on thru nets, email, our FB site and club web page, as the information becomes available. We have lost yet another very devoted radio friend and I think I can speak for the club as a whole when I say he will be missed tremendously.
Amateur's Code of Conduct
The Amateur's Code was originally written by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA in 1928. Since then it has become, for many amateur radio operators, their goal for conduct both on and off the air
The Radio Amateur is:
CONSIDERATE... never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
LOYAL... offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
PROGRESSIVE... with knowledge abreast of science, well-built and efficient station and operation above reproach.
FRIENDLY... with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
BALANCED... Radio is a hobby never interfering with duties owed to his family, job, school or community.
PATRIOTIC... station and skill always ready for the service to country and community.
HAMFEST REVIEW 2014
Opps You missed it! See you next year - 2015!
FMARC 2014 Hamfest Review
Date: January 18, 2014
Time: 8am - 3pm
4312 Michigan Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33905-4504
(see map below)
Talk-In Repeater: 147.345 (136.5 Tone)
- General Admission is $5.00.
- Children 12 and under are free with paying adult.
- Students 13-18 $3.00 with valid student ID.
- On site security is provided.
- Hourly Prizes and GRAND prize plus two RUNNER-UP prizes.
- Quality food, reasonable prices inside on site.
- FREE Parking (handicap parking available)
- Vendor Tables: $15.00 (All Vendors must purchase Ticket)
- Indoor Vendor Setup - TBD.
- First Tables Ordered Get Best Locations.
- Tailgate Spaces: $10.00 (Includes 1 Admission Ticket).
- Additional Tailgate Spaces: $5.00 Each.
- Free Parking - Handicap parking available.
- Quality Food, Reasonable Prices inside on site.
To reserve your spot, contact Larry Zimmer (W4LWZ) at (941) 380-2483
NOTICE: Supporting FCC Regulations, FMARC will not permit selling uncertified or modified equipment.
MAIL TICKET REQUESTS TO:
P. O. Box 061183
Fort Myers, FL 33906
Please include SASE, otherwise tickets will be held at door.
Drexel Turner, W4DHT
7670 Eaglet Court
Fort Myers, FL 33912-1828
(239) 225-0826 or (239) 464-1350